The exterior of this 1835 house was restored in 2007. Historical photographs, on-site structural clues, and design work from Community Heritage Partners, Inc. were used to return this former apartment building back into a beautiful part of the local historical landscape.
Based on evidence found on site (which included an original 1835 porch floor board found in the ceiling), the porch's size, post configuration, railing style and ceiling were all determined. As with many early porches, this porch originally had a plaster ceiling which was reproduced in plaster.
Prior to the start of construction, the facade had been changed considerably. The wrap around porch had been greatly altered or removed completely.
All original door and window openings were returned. New 8 panel exterior doors were made to match one original door. That door was returned to its original location. Exterior trim was also reproduced and installed.